Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I divorce my husband when I don't have money to leave him? He won't leave and I don't have money for a place.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • sorry but in this kind of thing you have to make a choice either stay or leave.. shelters are always an option its not gonna be easy but stay isnt either

    Answer by miss_nevin at 10:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • First thing sis first get a job start looking for affodible apartments and child care while your at work .If its not enough money .
    Well your gonna have to get into goverment stuff .I know no one likes it but at least untill you can pick your self up your gonna have to .Get in to the housing programs there then once you have a place make a child support arangement then or before ask you family for help like moving things and giving things they dont use like furniture and stuff if not the salvation Army can give a voucher for necessities.In some places your local churches and salvation army will help you alot more than welfare .They have wierd rules and stuff .And they are never happy to give you help its tax payer money for help to Tax payer but if you have to go for it as well it takes a month for the hole process and you will have medical and food stamps.

    Answer by hush84 at 10:39 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • Plan every single pros and cons before walking out the door have plan A B and C.

    Answer by hush84 at 10:40 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • And as far as devorce go to legal aid if not if your seperated for 2 years its really cheap and its like 100bucks really cheap

    Answer by hush84 at 10:45 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • If you have no children together or property owned together you can do it yourself. Call your courthouse (or check online) and see if they offer it. If not, I went to Legal Aid. You can sign up for Section 8 housing and get a place of your own. If you do have children with him he has to pay child support. You can go online for the child support calculator to see how much he has to pay. Just put in the name of your state and child support calculator

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.