Did anyone experience bad anxiety while pregnant? How did you deal with it?

I understand that my hormones are going crazy and that's why i'm just getting upset for little to no reason at all, but when i get upset, i get terribly anxious and get shake it for what seems like forever. Help?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 10:42 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anxiety is a normal part of pregnancy. If you feel it is severe or just want some company, check out the classes offered through your hospital. In our hospital's case, they offer a whole range of classes for pregnant or new mothers to support and teach new parents how to deal with all the emotions that come with being a parent. It really helped us out a lot and made us feel like we knew what we were doing.

You can also talk to your OB about it, my ob's office makes all pregnant mothers do a screening with the shrink to guage the risk of PPD and you can continue to see her throughout just to deal with all the emotions that go with pregnancy. I'd look into it.

Good luck!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:08 AM on May. 6, 2009

• please take a Bradley class even if you are not into the no drugs scene they really do A LOT of anxiety related education and train your SO to decrease your anxiety.. my anxiety and stress I am sure is what caused my pre term daughter-- but I learned a lesson
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:47 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I get that too! I think its normal Im 12 weeks now and every time I get too stressed or I just have been crying for a while, I start shaking and sweating. I really think its normal, but I was told to be VERY careful with that because when that happens the babys heart rate drops.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 10:47 PM on May. 5, 2009

• warm baths help me relax when I get anxiety or stressed out...I like to light a candle and turn the lights down but some people dont like candles and if your one of those people just a warm bath can help..
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:03 PM on May. 5, 2009

• or take a nap
    hug4akiss