i just posted about me not doing anything with my son and i have to add...

i work midnights, thats why i sleep as much as possible, i get abour 4 hours of sleep everyday...

and 3-4 times a week we do go on walks and go to the park where he plays and runs...

so i mean when im not working i like to get as much sleep as possible, and try to spend time with my son, this is why i sleep till he takes a nap then i clean the house and do everything and when he gets up its around 4-5pm and then i spend the rest of the night with him...

please take that into thought while you answer this and also about me letting my son play in his room alone, whats wrong with him playing in his room alone?

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 10:51 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• theres nothing wrong with letting him play alone, its good for him to have some alone time and learn to entertain himself. however there alot of time there spent sleeping and hes unsupervised, why not sleep for half his nap time and then take care of what you have to around the house the other half. that way you still get to spend time with him.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It just sucks for little kids to have to be alone.

In your circumstances, though, it seems like you actually do a lot more with your son than you give yourself credit for. Make it a point to spend 20 minutes with him every day, giving him your undivided attention. Maybe even just picking up the habit of reading to him every night before bed.

Don't let anyone make you feel like a bad mom, you're doing awesome.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with him playing alone in his room, when mommy is awake and alert in case of emergencies...Anything could happen while you are sleeping. You never know the things that kids could do, and you could be sleeping, so who will help him?
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• when I had my daughter (whos now 4) I was working 7p-7am 16 shifts a 28 day cycle as a nurse in a level 4 neonatal Intensive Care Unit-- so no excuses-- and my kid was sick (really sick) to top it off-- the bottom line is it was my issue and my kid should not suffer as a result of it--- I choose to get pregnant have her and know that day shift was not in my future for a while LOL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i have a monitor on ALL the time!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 11:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have to agree he should not be in a room seperate from you, can he not play in your room with you while you snooze. That is really dangerous, and although kids need to learn to play alone they are still babies and shouldn't be left alone, I think you are setting him up for a serious accident, and if (god forbid) something were to happen you would never forgive yourself.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:18 PM on May. 5, 2009

• The baby monitor is not going to pick up him choking on something if he doesn't make a sound.

Anonymous

• i wud have to agree with those who said that there isnt anything wrong with having ur son play alone... but u shud b awake to supervise him if anything would happen! y cant u do ur work while ur son is awake and sleep while he is sleeping... i have a 1 yr old and realize that u cant do everything while they are awake.... but i also know how much a child needs supervision.... things happen so fast and u wudnt ever forgive urself if something happened while u were sleeping..... i had a friend who's little girl past away in her sleep from choking on her own vomit (the little girl was 1 1/2 yrs) and my friend was awake.... just didnt get to her room fast enough... so things happen so fast and it wud b worse if u knew u cud have done something to prevent it if u werent asleep
    kate1227

Answer by kate1227 at 1:16 AM on May. 6, 2009

• why not put on a disney movie in your room and sleep while he is watching it. I do this and as soon as he climbs over me( I am a light sleeper) I wake up and thats all the sleep I get. My son usually wakes up at 7:30 and watches a movie then is ready to play and i am up with my coffee. Try that. At least he is near you and safe on your bed.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• He can "help" you clean (you can use a non-toxic home made cleaner for pennies, contact me directly if you would like a recipe).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on May. 6, 2009