what should i feed my son?

hes 16 months and he eats like pancakes and french toast and stuff for breakfast, and has mashed potatoes and gerber meals for lunch and dinner... he doesnt eat what i cook... he wont eat if i make him a plate of the food i eat... any ideas?

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 10:59 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd ate the same thing at that age...you could try to add some fruits in if he likes sweets he'll love fruits, and grilled cheese sandwhiches are ok at that age too.
    Anonymous

• he eats bananas and apple sauce....
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 11:09 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Puree some veggies or whatever and add a little bit to his mashed potatoes slowly adding a little more each time. Then eventually you can leave the potatoes out. I put sweet potatoes in my DD's pancakes and now she will eat them with no pancake. I know it sounds gross but it is actually good. Just try hiding stuff in his food. He should eventually start liking that mew taste. HTH
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 11:20 PM on May. 5, 2009

• sounds exactly like my son. try chicken nuggets or chicken tenders (like the frozen kind).. my son loves those. and i get these meatballs from aldi, amazing! my son will only eat sweet potatoes in baby food. waffles, breakfast sausages, toast with jelly, or pb & j, cream of wheat, oatmeal, or pizza every once in a while
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Are the pancakes and bread made with whole grains? I don't see a lot of nutrition on your list. Avocado is full of good fats for babies growing brains. Yogurt with ground flax seed or flax oil would be good. Sweet potatoes, frozen peas and frozen blueberries (still frozen), whole grain bread with sunflower butter, cubes of tofu, cooked beans, make a smoothies with kale or chard thown in.
    Great information here:http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    and here: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 AM on May. 6, 2009