HELP!!! Is it hard to throw a baby shower?

JW? My neighbor is throwing me one and I have never been to one or had a baby so IDK what to expect or do? Did you get everything you asked for? Where do I register? How many people should I invite? Where do I have it? Does she plan it? HELP?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:00 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she plans most of it, but will probably ask your input as to the date, foods you like if you want games etc...you probably won't get everything you registered for (i didn't get shower w/my first) but most companies will offer you a discount on stuff that you don't get off your registry. you can register at babies r us, target, walmart any place that sells baby stuff. try to register at 2 places, and make sure you don't register for the same thing at both places. also register for stuff from all price ranges that way people can make sure to get you something with in their range if they go w/the registry some people don't look at registries so don't be surprised when you end up with stuff not on it. the neighbor can throw it wherever she wants, it can be her house or a rental place if she wants to rent something. i would ask the neighbor what she is comfy with for the invites that way you don't give her a list of 30 people CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:13 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I would say if she is throwing it then she is planning it. I would ask her what she is planning on doing perhaps. If there is a number of people that she can afford to have. If she wants you to send out the invites or you give her the list. We got most of what we registered for. You can register at target, toys r us, walmart, sears, almost anywhere. Just talk to your neighbor and see what she has in mind.
    Anonymous

• and find out she can only afford to have 10 people. usually the person throwing it will send out the invites and you give her your list w/addresses. just talk to her see what if anything she needs from you and go from there
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I got everything that I needed and then some. I had a huge shower, 60+ people at the shower and relatives from out of state sent me things too. I have a huge family though and they were all excited about me having a baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• She will plan all of it:) You just get to sit back and relax, but definitely offer your help. You will get a lot, but don't focus on the gifts, it's just fun to get together! The gifts are just an added bonus.
    Have fun!!
    Anonymous