HOW TO GET MY 1 YR OLD DAUGHTER TO LIKE BATHS

WHEN SHE WAS BORN TILL MARCH 23 SHE LOVED HER BATHS BUT AFTER MARCH 23 SHE STARTS SCREAMING AND YELLING AND CRYING LIKE SHE IS TERRIFIED OF HER BATHS SO MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I GET MY DAUGHTER TO LIKE HER BATHS AGAIN

tabby23andkids

Asked by tabby23andkids at 11:04 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Unfortunatly, right around the same time frame as yours, my son began hating baths, too. I have tried everything mentioned above, plus some!! Nothing works anymore. The bubbles helped for a few baths, but that was it. You can try just sponge bathing by the sink....but again, that still didnt work 100% for us. I think our main problem is that he hates washing his hair. I even bought the visors, and they do nothing for him!

As I understand, it is a phase....but I sure am ready for this one to be over!!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:14 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Have you tried toys???
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 11:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Get in with her. Maybe she would get used to it if you were in there with her.
    Babies at this age often become frightened of things they were not previously afraid of. It is part of their development, They are becoming aware or their surroundings more.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:20 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Bubbles and she may be afraid she will go down the drain. One of my babies was afraid of that. I'd try bubbles, toys, and AVON makes a lot of cool bath stuff like stuff they can write on themselves and the tub with. GL.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• did she have a bad water experience or something??
    you can buy these bath paints, my kids really enjoy them. you can get them in different colors. if anyone suggest bubble bath, then just keep in mind that bubbles can cause (especially little girls) kids to get UTI's easily. only use those once in a while. I use Johnson's shampoo for bubbles. you could also try bath squirters and show her she can squirt mommy and daddy with water. she will think it is really funny. try giving her a bath in the kitchen sink,
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Has she fell or anything happen to her while she was in the tub? I agree with getting in with her until she gets comfortable again. My DD went through a 'got to have mommy all the time' phase and I had to take baths with her for about 2 weeks. It is rare that she will let her daddy give her a bath without me. She is definately a mommy's girl.
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 11:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my son is the same way! bubbles seemed to help A LOT. or just keeping him distracted with toys.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:58 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Take her in the shower with you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on May. 6, 2009

• THANK U GIRLS FOR ALL UR ANSWERS WELL WHEN MARCH 23RD CAME MY MOM GAVE HER A BATH AND POURED WATER OVER HER HEAD AND IT WENT DOWN HER FACE BUT WITH ME I PUT A FOLDED WASH CLOTH OVER HER FOREHEAD SO WATER WONT GO ON HER FACE SO I PUT TOYS IN FOR HER THAT DOESNT DO ANYTHING NEITHER DOES THE BUBBLES SHE IS FINE WITH U WASHING HER BODY BUT NOT HER HAIR MY METHOD SEEMED TO STOP WITH THE WASH CLOTH OH WELL MAYBE ITS A STAGE SHE IS GOING THROUGH THANK U ALL
    tabby23andkids

Answer by tabby23andkids at 8:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2009