How can i get diapers with medicaid?

I have an almost 5 year old son with cp who will be in diapers til ?? I have recently become a single mom and put my kids on medicaid. I once heard of medicaid covering the cost of diapers through a delivery service. Does anyone know about that. I live in Illinois.

emily0401

Asked by emily0401 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had medicaid at one time and I never heard of diapers being on the list? One program did allow for some over the counter meds and health care products. Call your Medicaid 800 # and find out what exact program your on and they should send you a list of products allowed. Good luck and best wishes.
    Age2purrfection

Answer by Age2purrfection at 10:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2008

• I have never heard of that, but I have known medicaid to pay for some crazy off the wall things! If I were you I would just call and ask!
    AmberleesMoMMy

Answer by AmberleesMoMMy at 10:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2008

• Medicaid will pay for diapers for kids with medical conditions that prevent toilet training, after the child is three years old. There is some sort of form that you fill out requesting this. You will have to provide medical documentation. They usually deny on the first request, but reapply or appeal their decision and you should get it.
    romeece

Answer by romeece at 11:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2008