What to do with a Mother who is a viscious gossip?

My Mom talks badly about everyone behind their back and then to their face she's just sweet as pie and seems to care about your life..until her interpretation of things comes back around and it's ugly and mean? And of course she never said that...!!? She seems like a sweet old lady, but she keeps people mad at each other constantly. I've actually told her a different version of things that go on, just to see if she's the one starting stuff...is that wrong of me? Yup..I lied to my Mom to trip her up...and it was the version I told that came back around..only it was worse!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL. She is a busybody who needs more meaningful things to do. She needs a job or to really help somebody. You know what they say, idle hands are the devil's workshop.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:15 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Hmmmmmmmmmm are you my sister in law??????? LOL your mother sounds like my mother in law. It amazes me how there is constant drama and "mom and grandma" always seems to be in the mx. I dont blame you for doing alittle "trick". I did this myself. Well, now that you found out the "truth" watcha gonna do now?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Wow, you must be my long lost sister lol. I have a mom just like that and to make a long story short we don't have a relationship anymore and I am so glad to get rid of her and her toxic ways. I know that sounds so bad saying that about a mom, but I have been through so much with that lady and she was always more like a back stabbing friend not a mom anyway.
    Anonymous

• People like your mother have nothing better to do with their time than meddle in other peoples' lives and try to create trouble to amuse themselves. It makes me SO GLAD that my mother reads, watches T.V., listens to different radio talk shows, and keeps abreast of world events. She keeps herself informed about world and local news happenings, and does not have to fill her time gosipping about people. She set this example for her grandchildren and me. The more I read about other moms, the more I thank God for mine!!
    I don't blame you for feeding your mother misleading info. I would probably NEVER tell her anything I did not want to have twisted or added to. I would avoid her as much as possible. OR I would try to redirect her energy into something constructive.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I would start telling her things that are obviously fake that she has no choice to ask what is going on with you telling her lies. Then when she asks what is up make sure you tell her that you want the fun of embellishing the truth and that it isn't fair that she has been hogging all the fun and drama making.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Are you my long lost sister because your mom sounds exactly like my mom!?!?!
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:04 AM on May. 6, 2009

• ugh sounds like my mother in law i finally stopped spilling my gust to that bitch lol sorry but she is so bbbbbaaaaaaddddd!!
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 12:04 AM on May. 6, 2009

• ugh my mom is the same way , I get so tired of it she is a misserable old hag and wants to take everyone down with her , I am a lil bitch of course cause I call her on it
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 12:14 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Oh My GOSH! We must all be related somehow...but oddly I don't feel any better to know that..LOL But I do have a brilliant idea..lets all introduce our mom's/ in laws to each other and let them have at each other..and we'll all head to the nearest beach get some very strong drinks and wait for the nuclear explosion.
    SuZQ55

Answer by SuZQ55 at 2:38 AM on May. 8, 2009