NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS VERSE...
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had PASSED AWAY. Also there was no more sea." (Revelation 21:1

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 11:18 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In John’s vision in the book of Revelation, he saw “a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb” down the middle of the broad way of the holy city, New Jerusalem. (Re 22:1, 2; 21:2) Water is essential for life. The time setting given in the vision is after the establishment of “a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away.” (Re 21:1) The context places the flowing of this river after the destruction of the present system of things. The vision speaks of trees alongside the river producing fruit, and of leaves for the curing of the nations. The life-giving waters, then, would be the provisions for life that Jehovah has made through the Lamb, Jesus Christ, for all on earth who will receive life.
    It's not the end of our Globe as I posted in the other "End of the World" question.....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:17 AM on May. 6, 2009

• This is why I think I'm not a religious person....I can never understand these verses!?!

So does this mean that the person left a great life(died) and found another life after death with no more troubles??
    Anonymous

• HERE IS SOME INFO FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS HOPE IT HELPS HERE YOU GO
    1. This first verse will tell us that our earth and our heaven as we know it now will pass away, and in its place we will be getting a New Heaven and a New Earth. This verse also tells us that there will be no more sea in this new earth.

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had PASSED AWAY. Also there was no more sea." (Revelation 21:1)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• 2. This next verse tells us that the tabernacle of God will be coming down from heaven onto this new earth and that God Himself will literally be dwelling with all of us. It says that He will be our God and that we will be His people.

This verse is also telling us that God will be wiping away every tear and that there will be no more death, sorrow, crying or pain. It then ends saying that all of the old and former things will now pass away, which will now make everything completely brand new!

And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.
    And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

hinson7169

• Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." (Revelation 21:3-5)

3. This next verse tells us that there will be no more temple because God and Jesus will now be the temple Themselves. It also tells us that we will no longer have the sun or moon because God Himself will be illuminating the earth with His glory.

It also says there will be no more night, and that the gates of the new city of Jerusalem will always be open to all of the nations and that nothing that could possibly defile it will ever enter into it.

"But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its Temple. And the city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it, and the Lamb its light.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• This is why if I were ever to put faith in the bible and become a christian I would be a JW... That is exactly what they believe in... That god will create a new heaven and a new earth.

While I'm not Christian I believe that if you are going to commit to any religion based on a single text (the bible) that you should believe it in it's entirety and not pick or choose or change it to fit your needs...

BTW, for those that don't know I'm a happy proud pagan that just happens to know her way around a bible. Don't send me PMs about how I'm going to hell, cause I won't read them, save yourself the time...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).

And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life." (Revelation 21: 22-27)

4. This next verse also tells us that there will be no more Adamic curse and once again, states that there will be no more night. It says we shall be able to see at least the face of Jesus, and that we shall reign with God and Jesus forever and ever.

hinson7169

• "And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. And there shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever." (Revelation 22:3-5)
    5. Now here are the two specific verses about the new city of Jerusalem that will be coming down from heaven from God the Father and what it will be like.

"Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Revelation 21:2)
    hinson7169

• "And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. And her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.

And she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. And the city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as its breadth ... And the construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
    hinson7169

• And the foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.

And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." (Revelation 21:10-21).

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:25 PM on May. 5, 2009