For how much would you sell a 7 month old yellow labrador?

I want to get rid of him because he's always wanting to make holes on the dirt and I don't like that, but he's really healthy and he's got all his vaccines.

bettyboob83

Asked by bettyboob83 at 11:50 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pets

• I had a full breed dog that I paid 700 for....but I hate the idea of selling a dog. I would rather give a dog away to a loving home to people who will have time to give it the love and attention that it deserves.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 11:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• ya i would try to find someone who wants him for free. but maybe if you can't stomach that b/c you paid too much for him, you could just ask that they pay for the shots he has already had?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• honestly i would probably give him away or ask for a small adoption fee, but i would say no more then 100, maybe if he has papers or is AKC registered you could get a bit more.
    Rachel1786

Answer by Rachel1786 at 11:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I dont think yoiu should give him away because yiou already wasted money on him on dogfood, shots, water, bathing him etc... so atleast sell him for 175.00 dollars!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Wasted money??? and because he digs wholes??? I would just find him a nice loving home, and think about it more when you get an animal... they have habits that need corrected sometimes. and If you want to keep him maybe it is something you can work on instead of just giving up....Is he trained? At 7 Months if he hasn't been well trained, good luck trying to sell him... more than likely you will have to pay someone to take him.... good luck... wish i could take him!!!
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 12:39 AM on May. 6, 2009

• when i got my golden retriever, he was 4 months, and holy crap he was a terror, diggin holes everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! eating and chewing everything!! now hes 1 1/2 and hes perfect!! so i say just stick it out! if digging is the only bad habit he has, it will get better!! but to answer your question i would say around 150-200
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:52 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Thanks alexis:) He not only digs holes, but he's destroyed most of my plants, chewed anything he can find and always knocks down the clean water we give him, he's a nightmare...I wish I would of trained him but I bought him at 6 months so it was too late I guess, now I learned my lesson to never buy an big dog I should of gotten a puppy instead, but I do have another puppy thats a chow mix and he behaves alot better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

• muzikgirl477...I've had animals all my life and i'm 25 years old so I know how to train them but this one I bought it at 6 months, and thats harder to train since they have there messed up habbits already...but if youi ask me how many dogs i've had all my life it will probably be more than a thousand! so i've got experience but this one seems the most clumsy i've ever met:/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• ive also hear that labs and retrievers dont get their "brains" til theyre about 2-3..they are both great dogs, but they take longer to mature. does your dog get lots of stimulation?? like going for walks every day, fetching balls, trying to get treats outta those kong toys, stuff like that?? because ive also heard that if theyre terrors like that, its cuz theyre not getting enuff stimulation, theyre smart dogs, they need to be using theyre senses, and that will calm him down, tucker him out so hes not so rambunctious. and also, you said you got him at 6 months, and now hes 7 months..thats only one month with ya...getting used to a new family takes some time.just make sure youre enforcing everything you dont want him to do..get after him all the time, reward when being good, it takes time..id say give it a lil while longer before you decide to get rid of him!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• He not only digs holes, but he's destroyed most of my plants, chewed anything he can find and always knocks down the clean water we give him, he's a nightmare..

MAKE SURE YOU TELL THIS TO ANYBODY THAT MAY BE INTERESTED IN YOUR DOG!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on May. 6, 2009