tampon question.

what is the shock warning with tampons. i have read it but doesnt make sense, how is this caused. i have normal womanly discharge so when its that time of the month for me i am checking myself for my period every time i have discharge, what is a better way to go about this without stressing about discharge being blood? do you have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• if you do a search on it it tells you more in depth about what it is, and it also says that it is not as much of an issue any more as it was years ago when tampons first came out. its kind of like the warning on a hot coffee from mcdonalds, it takes common sense in how you use them and its caused by keeping the tampon in too long, therefore your body can't get rid of bacteria etc it needs to.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:01 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Wear a panty liner when it's around that time. The shock warning, is probably Toxic Shock Syndrome, if I remember right. It happens when you don't change your tampon enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Toxic Shock Syndrome like the other answers said it can be caused from not changing your tampon every 8 hrs or more. The signs are fever, vomiting, etc.
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:33 AM on May. 6, 2009