PLEASE HELP ASAP!

We just adopted a dog from the animal shelter and he was being treated for worms. Tonight he was sitting on me and than got up and I found one on me. I am mortified. I have a 2 yr old and dont want her to catch anything. What is the best medicine to buy for this??? I dont care if it cots $40. I need to cure this. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Talk to your vet. It's not too expensive, and it's very effective.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You need to take him to the VET and if he has worms they need to give him medicine.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

• he has to go to the vet. and most worms that animals have children can't get (my cat had worms when dd was about 7 months and i freaked for the same reason not only is it gross but i was worried dd would get them, the vet said that was not something to worry about, that there are only a few types of worms that humans can get from animals and they aren't the common ones)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:06 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You need to head to the nearest store selling pet supplies and get your dog wormer medication. Then make an appointment with the vet right away for a complete physical. If the dog has worms, there's a possibility it has other parasites, too. They will do a fecal analysis to determine whether there are any active worms and eggs, as well as determine if there is anything else going on, such as giarrdea.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:18 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Take him to the Vet and have them run a fecal sample. What did the worm look like? Did it look like a small piece of rice, or a spaghetti noodle? There are many types of worms/parasites. Your vet can tell which type he has, and will get you the best medication to treat him.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 12:23 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I would also contain the dog in an area that you can deep clean (like his crate/kennel), when its taken care of. Unlike the other posters, kids DO pick up worms very easily. If you child ever begins squirming at nite and making waking up more than usual, you can check easily to see if they have worms. I had 2 thumb-sucker babies and one got worms twice!! Its gross.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:31 AM on May. 6, 2009

• if an animal takes worm meds, the animal has to poop out all the worms, it takes about a week to get them all out. just use a crate or something till they're gone. if the critter is still poopin out worms after 7 days take em back to the vet.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• they have to poop them out. so keep him outside or something. make sure you get some strong worm meds. I'd go to the vet and get them.
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 3:31 PM on May. 8, 2009