stains on the carpet

Ok, Suzie homemaker I am not...when my kids or anyone really spills juice or anything liquid on the carpet what do I do to prevent a stain? Like growing up my mom would blot it with a towel and call it a day, but we had stains all the time. Do I use soap and water to clean it or use like resolve carpet cleaner? I try not to buy anything with harsh chemicals so would white vinager work? And if so do I have to put water on top of that spot then? Ive got the little green clean machine, I should probably just use that as soon as a spill occurs huh? LOL Im sorry, I dont know how to clean my house deeply :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have found that when using soap and water or a soap based product, you leave a soap residue on the carpet. This residue is dirt magnet. I have found a product which works great on all kinds of stains. Just last night, I had to get re acrylic craft paint out of a light gray carpet. The paint had been on the carpet for 2 days before I noticed it. It came out wonderfully. I used Sol-u-Mel made by Melalecua on it. I sprayed it full strength and it came right out. I have also gotten a huge blood stain from carpet using this. Great natural product without any harsh chemical ingredients.
    livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 11:16 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Actually I too would recomend Sol-U-Mel by Melaleuca but I would use their prespot first then sol-u-mel the stain.
    ayniang

Answer by ayniang at 2:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on May. 7, 2009