• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone else experiencing joint pain?

I am 20 weeks pregnant and recently have been experiencing horrible joint pain! My neck, back (upper and lower), wrists, shoulders, and knees constantly hurt :( Is anyone else experiencing this? Or, does anyone know why?

Diveqat

Asked by Diveqat at 12:12 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body is just under more strain than it is used to, and the joints are trying to adjust. It sounds silly, but waddling early and all the way through really cuts down on the back, neck, and shoulder pain. As your center of gravity shifts your walk has to change to avoid strain on the rest of yourself. Lead with the belly and lean your shoulders back ever so slightly and things should get more comfortable. People make make comments on the waddle, but they are much easier to put up with than pain! As for your lower half, it is adjusting to baby weight. Wrists, I have no idea why.

Good luck, and talk to your doctor if it gets worse.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:20 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm 34 weeks and my hips are absolutely KILLING me, it hurts to get up, sit down and walk, I can't even stand on 1 foot to put my pants on, so I feel ya
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:00 AM on May. 6, 2009

• yeah, my knees and ankles have been killing me the past week or so=[ I get the wrist pain sometimes, especially when I write.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:04 AM on May. 6, 2009