I found a condom

ok I was washing today and I always check pockets well when I was checking my sons pockets I found two condoms he's 18... I flipped ( not mad) just a mom thing..now what how do I handle this ? any advice ladies how would you handle this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Give them back to him. So he's having sex. Everyone does. It's normal and healthy. Just leave them on his dresser or something with a note that says "Old enough to have sex = old enough to do your own damn laundry ~love mom" :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:21 AM on May. 6, 2009

• He's an adult. I'm afraid there isn't much you can say or do that is going to have any affect on him. At least you know he's got protection available. It's better than him coming to you and saying "guess what you're gonna be a grandma." Not a big deal. If I was you I would just put them on his dresser in his room with a note that says "I found these in your pants." Leave it at that. See if he comes to you to talk about it. If not...I wouldn't say anything. Just cause he has condoms in his pockets doesn't necessarily mean he's having sex. He might have just had them "just in case."
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:21 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Haha Ati thats good.
    Ash9724

• He's 18 now and going to do what he wants to do. The best thing you can do is talk to him about STD's and pregnancy and safe sex. If you think he is using those condoms make sure he gets tested regularly some things can still be transmitted even if a condom is used.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:23 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Damn. I wish you would've been my mom. I've been washing my own clothes sense i was 11 years old.
    If this is the first time you've found condoms in his pockets consider yourself one of the lucky parents.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:23 AM on May. 6, 2009

• i agree with Ati! thats hillarious! and at least he is using condoms so he is protecting himself and the girl he is sleeping with.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• that's good Ati I think I'll try that....I think I was shocked I mean he's my baby ..I'm glad he's taking that responsibility ..I told his dad and all he told me "well at least he waited till after high school and he's having sex later than you did" ok typical make response LOL..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I will be shocked when my now 11 month old starts having sex. They're always babies in our minds, but they do grow up, and they do become adults, and they really should do their own laundry :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:28 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I know I should but I like things done now not later but he does his own ironing and he cleans his own bathroom...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 6, 2009

• LOL...to funny Ati.
    Yeah what they said.
    At least he is using a condom. I agree with the note saying that you found them and if he wants to talk your door is always open.
    Big Hugs, I can't even imagine!
    Mine are 10,2 and 15 months.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:32 AM on May. 6, 2009