leaving my 3 mos old son because of work

il be working by june, and i feel sad thinking that il leave my son for work, that's 10 hrs. a day. does al other new moms feel the same way? will my son be ok? he'll be w his grandma during the day im out for work. or should i stop working? i thought of quiting job, but it will be dificult for me and my husband to budget our finances if he'll be working alone. help!

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 12:34 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Heck, he'll be just fine. With grandma?? You have the world's best babysitter Girl.. Take advantage of it and enjoy your work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Stay home with your baby, he/she needs you. Grandma is the best 2nd choice but, you are the babies 1st.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 6, 2009

• wow he will be fine, and grandma is just fine with him im sure, i leave my kids 8 hours a day 5 days a week and my kids are great..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 6, 2009

• do what you gotta do hon, just keep your head up :]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Do whatever it takes to make sure that your son is well taken care of AND your finances are up and up. Here is a site where I make some money and/or get free things from amazon.com to help out around my house. If I had to, I could completely quit my outside the home job and do this..Just whatever you are comfortable with.

http://www.points2shop.com/index.php?ref=uin11920028324
    OR
    http://www.cashle.com/index.php?ref=uin1192002832415

This site is REAL, LEGIT and FREE. EVERY month its like Christmas for my kiddos. I even solely got their Christmas last year from this site. NO FEES EVER! You even get LIVE 24/7 support so you are NEVER left not knowing what to do. I even help you!! On the cash part, you cash out when you want! There is NO waiting a wk or month to do so. This site is worth checking out!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 6:39 AM on May. 6, 2009

• visit my website.I think it can help you. http://www.freedomathometeam.com/sbrement
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 7:08 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Hey. I know it is so hard leaving your new baby. I coach gymnastics at night and just having to leave her for a few hours with my Mom was so hard so I can't even to begin to imagine 10. I am sure he will be fine with grandma though. You have to do what's best for you and your family, that's part of being a mommy. Maybe you should look into staying home and making money. Sounds like you still need the extra income and this way youwouldn't have to leave the baby and you can work whenever you can :) Because you want to be sure that if you DO work outside the home that you aren't making yourself sick with worry cause that won't do either of you any good when you are home with him. Check out my site or send me a message and I would love to talk with you :) I have a 10 month old and we are pregnant with our 2nd now. www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Like some other have suggested, you might be better off working at home.

I am now a stay at home mom. It's still very difficult to get everything done; I don't know how I did it at all before when I worked 40+ hrs a week. I work part time out of the spare room, make almost as much as I did before once you consider daycare, commute, clothes, etc... My stress level is way down, my kids love being home and I am not missing any of the milestone moments. If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:12 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Studies done show children thrive in a home where there is love whether mommy works or stays home. Studies also show children spend about the same amount of quality time with working moms as SAHM's. SAHM's typically are not playing all day with their kids. They have household duties, laundry, errands, talk on the phone, cook meals and play online. Most kids whether mom works or not have about 2 1/2 hours in a day of real quality time with mom. Some SAHM's do spend more time some working moms less and visa versa. On average kids get the same amount with either one. I would do what is best financially for your family. You don't want to rely on public assistance if his hours are cut. That is embarrasing to a kid. It was for me. My mom got a job and we finally moved out of poverty. We still spent lots of time with our mom. She was usually depressed and crying before because we were broke. Now she was happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I actually started my own work from home business. I only work maybe 15 hours a week and the hours I choose to work, are scheduled around my kids. I have 4 aged 5 and under so my days are full. That's why I found this great "green" wellness company that I partnered up with, they helped me get started. I got started for less than $30 and it's nice to have my check come in every month. Now I don't make millions but I am contributing so that my husband isn't doing it all. If you are interested, check out my website www.familiesrok.com. If you have 30 minutes to spare, morning, afternoon or evening, we can discuss the details.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 1:35 AM on May. 7, 2009