Do people check for accuracy on bulk mail?

Do any of you check for accuracy before spreading around bulk mail? Here is the latest. Woman dies from drinking coke from a can. http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/raturine.asp
The last one I got a million times over was about the email hacker, again an untru urban legend.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:42 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i never forward it... i delete it, and usually if it has been forwarded i don't even read it.. i watch the news for my facts! :)
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:45 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't even read mine.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:45 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I rarely do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I do. But I actually had one woman tell me that her time was far to valuable to check anything and she would take the "risk" of sending on bad junk rather than waste 2 minutes of her time. Leaving all the rest of us to waste ours checking out her junk.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:56 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I never FWD things like that.. I dont even read my bulk folder on my email OR on cafemom.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:44 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I do if its from a friend and I will respond by telling her its a hoax and give url otherwise I do not bother. I rarely open bulk email on CM most stuff is junk anyway!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:06 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't read any bulk mail on cafemom. Don't have time for that. On my personal email, I do occasionally check out all the stupid "forwards" I get. And then I ask the person who sent it to me, to "...be sure and send this email with the correct information (or lack thereof) back up the pike!" LOL  These people (friends and family) usually stop sending the idiot ones, at least, to me.

While I am a Christian, I esp. hate the ones that stupidly show pictures of Mary or Jesus in the clouds, in a water fountain, or that God will bless me 14 times if I send THIS one on! I haven't discovered the benefit of someone creating these.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:01 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Nope, I trust everything I get on email. All of those ones with the angel on it and my wishes have all come true. But only because I send it to all of my friends. Oh, and I am also going to be a millionaire. There is this Prince in Egypt and their parents left them a large sum of money and part of it will be mine. All I had to do was send them $8,000. and my return will be millions. The check should be arriving any day now! I quit my job and told my boss to go stuff it. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out I am richer than he ever dreamed of. Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• The ones I am referring to are in my cafemom bulk. I will get the same hoaxmail 100 times before it dies down.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:52 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I never forward it on and I am often wondering why people send them or even take the time to copy and pasted them into a message here in CafeMom... why do you spend the time to do it?
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 4:56 PM on May. 6, 2009