where can i get prenatal vitamins? and how much are they i need to start them right away?

THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you should start taking them as soon as you find out you are pregnant. I have been getting mine since day 1 at Walgreens, CVS, all those kinds of stores. The ones I get are the One A Day Prenatal pack. They also come with a seperate bottle of DHA which is a nutrient that helps extra with the baby's eye and brain development...it is what is in breastmilk. Those are usually $18 (for the pack.) However they have generic Walgreens/CVS brand ones that are cheaper. My doc just kept me on the over the counter ones but your doc might prescribe you some. But either way the over the counter ones are just as good until you find out what your doc suggests.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:17 AM on May. 6, 2009

• WalMart sells them over the counter ones. Sorry I don't know how much they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 6, 2009

• your doc will prescribe them for you and then you only have to pay the copay, if you won't be seeing the doc for a bit, than walmart and drug stores sell them they range from $3-$6 a bottle.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:49 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I had trouble swollowing large pills during pregnancy due to major morning sickness and nausea. My doctor said it was fine to just take a childrens chewable, but check with your doctor first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My doctor told me two flinstone's vitamins are just as good. Prenatal vitamins made me SICK!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You can get them at Sam's Club for about $15 fir enough to last your whole pregnancy and have some left over for if you are nursing.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:06 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Any pharmacy or Walmart. You can also get them at some grocery stores but they usually cost more there.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:16 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I know walgreens sells Womens Prenatal Vitamins. I was also told by my doctor and nutritionists that if your unable to take the prenatal pills, you can take like the kids stuff like Flinstones cuz its better to take something then not take something at all
    CJK_2009

Answer by CJK_2009 at 1:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I got a bottle of 144 prenatal vitamins (Can't think of the name off the top of my head, but it's in a pink box) at walmart for less than 4 dollars. When my doctor ended up prescribing me prenatal vitamins, the ones that I got at Walmart were actually better!
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 7:56 PM on May. 6, 2009