Anti-depressants..

I've always had depression/anxiety and always been on meds until a few months before I got pregnant. I'll be 19 weeks friday and my life is just too stressful to cope on my own anymore..From my grandma on her deathbed, to me considering leaving the baby's father, I just can't handle anymore. My doctors have the choice left up to me whether or not I want to be on meds again and I think I really need it or else who knows what could happen. I'm on the verge of a serious breakdown and I don't want to put this baby threw that. Their also worried about post-partum depression which I'm seriously trying to avoid.

Is anyone on anti-depressants while pregnant? If so, Which one and how is it working for you?

Thank you to those who answer.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 1:16 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh, by the way the pills I was on were, Zoloft. 25 mil, then 50 mil. And my baby boy is healthy and strong. And I am still here to tell about it. No one knows what we go through except us. Don't let anyone judge you or bash you for wanting to be healthy mentally and physically. I put it off for years and now that I am on the meds, I feel a little bit more like me.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 1:31 AM on May. 6, 2009

• For my last pregnancy I had to be on light anti-depressants because I was seriously on the edge. My baby is fine. I breast fed him for 4 months on anti-depressants and he is still fine. So I would suggest discussing this with your doctor. For you and the baby, maybe this is the route you should take. It worked for me. Think about it.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 1:28 AM on May. 6, 2009