What are some morning sickness remedies that work?

I am a first time mom who is expecting my second child. When I was pregnant with my first I never had really bad morning sickness or nasea. But with this one I am always sick in the mornings and I can barely hold any thing down. I was just wondering if there was a solution to this problem cause it really isn't fun

lizzysmom3408

Asked by lizzysmom3408 at 1:18 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lemon drops, yellow gatorade, any hard sour candies, and maternity/baby stores sell "prego pops that are a hard sour candy and they work too.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:20 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Try keeping crackers next to you so when you wake up, you can eat a few before getting up. I used to do that and drink the red powerade and I'd be ok to get up.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:20 AM on May. 6, 2009

• LOL Belive it or not this is baby #4 for me and I'm 7 weeks 5 days and have NEVER had nausia like this. It is so bad that I've lost 6 lbs because I cant eat!! Things you might try that just didnt work for me are Ginger Ale, Toast, Crackers, Sprite, foods that are blan. Something that might help is before you go to bed at night put a package of crackers on your night stand or somewhere next to you so when you wake up BEFORE you get up chow down on a few crackers. Thats SUPPOST to help...nothings helped for me LOL Good Luck!!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:22 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Nothing worked for me except, get up in the morning slowly, don't eat or drink anything until after you have a shower or are ready to do your daily stuff. Then a couple of hours later, drink a little tea or water and eat saltine crackers. That is the only thing that helped me my second pregnancy and there after.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 1:25 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Never let your belly go completely empty...that is #1. If you get sick first thing in the morning...place about 10 jelly beans on your night stand and eat them right away when you wake up. The sugar will help to stop that feeling.

Saltine Crackers need to be your friend! ...and ginger tea!

I have also heard from many women that the wrist band for motion sickness...helped tremendously.

..every pregnancy is different. ..as you have found out. Morning sickness is actually a really great sign of a healthy baby. ..now there is something to smile about! :)
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:29 AM on May. 6, 2009

• If it is that bad your Dr. can give you a wrist band or this serum to rub on your rist. The Pregnacy pops are really good and they are the only thing you can have while in labor. To be honest I found nothing that worked great on me but it does get better. I found out things with my second that i never experienced with my first. You will have lots more aches and pains. Sorry I was not much help.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:41 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My sister had morning sickness horribly for her first preg. and she swears by saltines.. she licks the salt off then eats the crackers. she did that with her 2nd preg and never got sick.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:59 PM on May. 6, 2009