MY DOG BIT FOR THE LAST TIME TODAY....

I WAS IN THE LOCAL VETS OFFICE TODAY TO GET MY DOG HIS SHOTS SO HE COULD BE BOARDED AT THE KENNEL WHILE I GO ON VACATION. HE BECAME AGITATED WHILE THE VET TECH WAS TRYING TO GET HIS TEMP. WHEN SHE LEANED DOWN TO LISTEN TO HIS LUNGS HE GROWLED, I IMMEDIATELY POPPED HIM ON THE HEAD AND TOLD HER TO GIVE US A MINUTE AND SHE LEANED AS IF TO BEGIN TO SAY " ALL DOGS LIKE ME" AND HE BIT HER ON THE LIP LEAVING A INCH GASH. I FELT HORRIBLE AND TOOK HIM TO THE CAR RETURNING TO CHECK ON THE YOUNG LADY. I SPOKE WITH THE VET AND HE SAID MY DOG WOULD HAVE TO BE QUARANTINED FOR 10 DAYS BECAUSE HE HAD NOT HAD THE RABIES VACCINE IN HIS SYSTEM YET. I MADE THE DECISION TO PUT HIM DOWN.... THIS IS HORRIBLE- BUT I HAVE TO PROTECT OTHERS. YOU KNOW WHAT KILLS ME IS THAT WE WANT DOGS TO PROTECT US FROM INTRUDERS AND KEEP THE HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS SAFE, BUT THEN ASK THAT IT BE TURNED OFF WHEN IN PETSMART, CLINICS, OR VISITORS COME BY
CONTINUED....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pets

• I wouldn't have him put to sleep. I mean biting at the vets is one thing it happens. They're scared and yes I can't imagine fun for them. All you have to do is muzzle the poor guy while there and the problem is solved.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:42 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You decided to put YOUR dog down because he bet the Vet! Has he ever bit someone else??? My dog has bit the Vet so many times because he's scared and doesn't like someone sticking thermomaters up his ass and sticking needles in him! Did you ever think about that! That your dog was scared! You are such a heartless b*tch! Poor dog! I HATE people like you! So what it your kid goes and hurts someone should they put your kid down???? Think about that one why don't you! You should be ashamed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I meant * bit * not *bet * btw I'm just so pissed that you would do that!
    Anonymous

• ANON 1:30, THE LETTER IS POST IS CONTINUED AND AS I STATED IT WAS A SIMPLE MISTAKE ON HIS PART THAT DREW BLOOD, ALSO NO IT IS NOT HIS FIRST TIME BITING. EVEN THOUGH YOUR WORDS ARE HARSE I HOPE IT NEVER HAPPENS TO YOU.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:42 AM on May. 6, 2009