how do black girls walk in the extremely tall heels? (not bashing)

I work in an office where every black woman wears extremely tall high heels...none of the white or hispanic women wear heels, but all the black women do, with dresses, jeans, capris you name it, they wear heels with it!!! Some of these women are also extremely overweight ( I am too, so not bashing) and I would KILL myself is I tried to walk in their shoes...the shoes all look beautiful, but extremely uncomfortable....so how do they do it????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I really don't think it has anything to do with race -although if anyone could do it I think it would be blacks because they're so athletic (sorry, I don't know if that's racist-I don't mean it that way) I'm very athletic (and white) but hate wearing high heels-and they really are bad for your feet and back. I love the look but care more about comfort. ( I look like I'm drunk when I walk in high heels). So I say if you can wear them-more power to you!
    tropicsun

Answer by tropicsun at 6:02 PM on May. 15, 2009

• black women have more style than any other race :p

it says so in Uncle Tom's Cabin.... ;]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Well I'm white and always where extremely high heels. It's really not that bad once you get used to it. I dance in them every night for my job. Yes, I am a stripper and don't bash me either because you don't know me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on May. 6, 2009

• practice practice and more practice...if you want to wear them try walking around the house in them for a few days to get used to them. and also if you aren't used to it and have slippery floors where you work i'd try it on the tile in your kitchen too b/c omg i can't wear skinny heels when i go somewhere with slippy floors or i'll bust my butt
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:37 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I didn't know only black women walked in high heels.
    Anonymous

• What the hell difference does it make what race the people wearing the shoes are?
    Anonymous

• nothing wrong with strippers :] whats your stage name?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 6, 2009

• ps im the first anon i was being sarcastic
    Anonymous

• because...They have the 'moves'! LOL

why don't ya ask them?

Say to them...
    hey..I love your shoes, but how in the heck do ya walk in them.

Don;'t be surprised if they give ya some pointers!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:40 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Don't think it has anything to do with race.....

My friend (who used to strip part time) told me she used to clean her home with her heels on. It goes back to what someone else said. She told me it has to do with the calves. You have to strenthen them and gain balance in the process....

Hope that helps.
    tkangel

Answer by tkangel at 1:44 AM on May. 6, 2009