i am pregnant right now the doctor siad they see a fetus in my sac but they do not see or hear a heart beat but my hormone level is 26000 and u are supposed to hear and see a heartbeat at 10000 has any one ever herd of this before

me and my fiance have really been scared and upset please help me if u have herd what this means or is there a chance that my baby is still alive??

elissasteckler7

Asked by elissasteckler7 at 1:43 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? That helps more than HCG levels
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I was always told that they can't hear a heart beat till you are so far along/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Your hormone levels are just an estimate. when I was three weeks pregnate with my second child my hormone levels were 226 were they should have been between 5 and 11 on more than 75 so they were for sure that i was having twin well come to find out there was only one and my hormone levels were just increasing faster. Usually by 10 weeks you should be able to heart the heart beat unless you are a heavy set lady then it can take a little long( no affence if you are) If you do an ultra sound give it a couple of weeks and retest because things are hard to pick up when the baby is so small. There is still hope just pray.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:48 AM on May. 6, 2009

• By vaginal ultrasound they should be able to see a heartbeat between 6 and 8 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 6, 2009

• they did my babys heart beat for the first time at 10 weeks, and i heard it they had trouble finding it but they found it,
    mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 11:28 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I heard my baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks with a vaginal ultrasound. They like to do those when you're very early on that way they can see it too.
    meesa0210

Answer by meesa0210 at 1:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hey I heard my baby's heart beat at 6.5 weeks by vaginal US....if you are before this tim eyou may not hear it coz its still too early....good luck and keep us posted! :)
    Sweetttc79

Answer by Sweetttc79 at 2:43 PM on May. 6, 2009