Yeast infect/? While pregnant..31 wks.

I am about 90% sure this is a yeast infect. ( I was diagnosed by a Doc early on in my pregnancy 31 wks now) When I did the pee in the cup thing at the doctor office you can see lil white things floating in it. ( EW TMI ) but I wasn't prescribed anything for it. The Doc didn't seem at all worried. I have had this problem my ENTIRE pregnancy. NEver in my life had it before.
Now for details. TMI Sometimes it's awful awful, and other times it's like it's not there. Whats the deal..Is that normal ? My baby checks out normal, but I can't help but be concerned.
Just wanting some women who have been thru this, to give me some kind of reassurance, or advice of any kind. Home remedies that WORK !! Would be great !. I am on a budget not trying to spend lots of money on something that won't work. Thanks .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeast infections are common during pregnacy, If you think that you are having one it can lead to an UTI and that can cause you to go into premature labor so I would call your OB and let them know and they can check your urine and give you someting for it. Also you are allowed to use over the counter Conistate any of them while you are pregnate if you dont mind to use them. That is what my ob told me to do but he also gave me a prescripton for an antibodic just so it would not turn into a UTI. hope this helps
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:54 AM on May. 6, 2009

• That is not normal! Talk to that doctor about your symptoms and get a second opinion if you have to.

Most yeast infections have itching and cottage cheese discharge...TMI ..sorry! This needs to be treated as soon as possible.

Maybe your doctor was over booked and forgot to write a script. It does happen! Call him back!

take care!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:54 AM on May. 6, 2009

• i have a friend that gets yeast infections all the time.. she swears by vanilla yogurt. apparently putting it up there feels really good cuz its cold and it wont hurt the baby.. at least thats what she doesand her dr knows and never told her to stop?
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:56 PM on May. 6, 2009