this is very hard me to ask. but i need help.

My son is starting to hit me . it as only happend two times but thats to many for me . He slaps me in the back hard and then tells me that he was playing.that was not a play hit . and then he will say oh im sorry mom i was just playing with you. he as a bad temper.he is 15years old. help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Call the police. You want to stop this behavior now and before it gets out of hand. Do you want him hitting his future wife?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Have him talk to a professional or make him take anger management classes. I am so sorry you are going through this. If you don't do something now it will only get worse! Good luck!
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 1:57 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Make him see a therapist and if he ever hits you in a way that you know is not playing around call the cops let them know that you just want to scare him and for them (cops) to talk to him and let him know that if they get called out to the residance for him hitting his mom they will press charges on him themselves mom doesn't have to. I would just scare him so that he will realize this is not a joke it is not ok and he better not ever think that he is going to hit you and get away with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 6, 2009

• In the state of Colorado, if you call someone for violence in the home, at least to the best of my knowledge, they have to take someone in. I am not sure how that applies to teens though. I would definitely recommend counseling. And now. If you let this continue to grow, he will get worse until he really hurts someone. Be happy that you are trying to get help, not ashamed that you couldn't handle this on your own.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:09 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My first question is this....Why is this happening? What is going on in his life or in the home that he is suddenly acting out? Could he be on drugs? Does he have a new group of friends? Have his grades dropped? Do some poking around.

If he is a good kid and started acting this way...there is a reason.

He needs to be told ...NO WAY also! At his age...he should already understand the no hitting rule. If he doesn't ...re-introduce him to it. No hitting...never...no one.

If he is being rebellious...a call for information from a military school may be in order. Leave some brochures laying around...and let him know....He follows your rules...or ...he will be following their rules.    Military School may be just the answer!   Tough Love ...is tough!

take care.

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:15 AM on May. 6, 2009

• There could be a reason he is acting this way we are the youth pastors in our church and when a kid starts showing behavior in a way that is not norm for that child we get concerend because things could be wrong some were. look for changes in your family and at school. If your childs school has a resource officer this is someone good for you to talk too. Also let your son know that you are serious about his behavior and so authority may need to be called so know one gets hurt i know that it is your son but you not only need to proect him but you must protect yourself if nothing else is getting the poinyt across. I hope this helps and god bless
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 2:22 AM on May. 6, 2009

• NO WAY would I allow my son to hit me like that. At first I thought he was maybe 2 or 3, but 15??? You have got to be kidding me! I'm not blaming you, because I don't believe in victimizing the victim, but it sounds to me like you need to show him who is the Mom and who is the child. You didn't mention his dad, is he around? I don't know that I would call the cops, unless it escalates and you really have no choice, have you considered putting a belt across his backside? He needs to know that is not acceptable behavior!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• WOW... I see abuse coming... If I were you, Id start looking into counseling and anger management, because his abuse will not just go out on you, but his future girlfriends and wife too. Scary. I think its your job now to fix it now while you have the chance, but get help from others with the right resources to deal with his issues.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 10:45 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I would definitely call a councelor today. This is NOT healthy behavior and responses and if you allow it to continue, it allows him to believe it is acceptable. There are too many issues here to try to explain, but anger that comes out of a child that is being taught to be respectful is not only shocking but totally unacceptable behavior that cannot continue. He is becoming an abuser and will move to abuse others. Please get help today.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:43 AM on May. 6, 2009

• No way in hell would my 15 yr old even think to hit me, he would be flat on his back faster than he realizes. If he hits you again, call the cops on him. Get him into anger management now.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 PM on May. 6, 2009