I'm 37 weeks and lately i have been getting pain on again and off again...wanted to know if they has happened to anybody else??

I'm 37 weeks and I have pain going from front to back but on one side only the right side and i have been getting pain on again and offf again and sometimes it goes from front to back and then just stops ...I know it can also be brack hicks but....so many times on again and off again its weird anybody have any advice for me please and thank you !!

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 1:56 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Hmmmm, besides braxton hicks, it could be dehydration. I ended up in L&D 3 times last year because of dehydration thinking I was going into labor. Increase your water intake! Try that and if it doesnt help calling your obgyn for any questions at all would be a good idea! Dont hesitate to call them!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:59 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Braxton hicks Hurt! ...they really hurt! I remember that pain all too well. LOL

Your body is preparing for a major event...it will creak, crack and ache....alot! Taking an warm bath or shower has been known to be helpful.

You can also take tylenol if the pain is too much to bear. If the pains do not go away...and start to increase with intensity...start the clock and time them. If the pains are consistant and get closer together....It is time!

take care and good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:08 AM on May. 6, 2009

• If the pain is not all over than it is not true contractions just braxton hicks. True contractions will be the entire stomache. and they will be in a pattern so you will be able to tell when it is for real. Also you can take tylenol PM and drink water lay on your left side this has to do with a blood vessel when you are pregnate. Take it easy it wont be long
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 2:11 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Empty your bladder and drink a big glass of water, then lay down for an hour. If you are still having pains after that, you may benefit to contact your doctor just to be on the safe side. Both dehydration and full bladder can trigger "contractions"
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:14 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Well it cant be dehydration because like always i carry my big cup of water and its next to me now ..lol
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:18 AM on May. 6, 2009