Would you be hurt if your inlaws didnt even call or send anything to your child for his 4 yr old b-day which was yesterday?

they havent even seen him in a year and they live in the same city as us and they didnt even send him atleast a b-day card, i mean its the thought that counts and thats that they both work! and my mother and her b/f are laid off at the moment and they still got him a gift and thats that they live 8 hours away. I think my mother in law is mad because we found out she got 75 thousand dollars of loans under my hubbys identity but she still shouldnt take it on her only grandson, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• "they havent even seen him in a year and they live in the same city as us "

If that's the case, I'd be far more hurt about not seeing them. I can't imagine that.

" I think my mother in law is mad because we found out she got 75 thousand dollars of loans under my hubbys identity but she still shouldnt take it on her only grandson, right?"

Hmmm....she took out $75K of loans ILLEGALLY? Because if your husband didn't sign for them she broke the law...

Better off shut of them. I wouldn't bother being hurt because anything from them might come with a hefty price tag.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Ignore that fact that she didn't send your son a birthday card. He probably didn't miss it anyway. Be sure to send her one though, when her birthday rolls around, a very loving and thoughtful one. When your kind to your enemy, it's like pouring salt into an open wound.
    rptyner

Answer by rptyner at 2:22 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I know how that goes, and my son is now closer to his other family. We live 3000 miles away from all our family, and he doesn't hear from hardly anyone except my mom.

if they are going to be flakes like that, then they don't deserve to know your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Life doesn't revolve around you and your kids. Apparently they don't want to be with him that is why they haven't seen him in a year. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on May. 6, 2009

• gdiamante...yeah she broke the law and got away with it, thats how corrupted compass bank is, just cause she use to be a loan officer she knew all the tricks and scams and they let her take advantage:/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on May. 6, 2009

• guess you could say, your son can't miss what he never had, it hurts you, why? didn't your hubby press charges against them? since they signed for the loan, are they paying it back? and if they did buy present for your son, wouldn't it be with the money, they got illegal? some g/parents don't care, but then there are some that do, at least your mother cares and thats all that matters, goodluck to you and your hubby, and HAPPY BIRHTDAY..........to you son
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My inlaws didn't call on my dd's bday last month either... no one did in fact. It hurt that no one cared enough to remember or even write it down but that's okay. She was with the family that loves her the most, me and her Dad and sister and that's what counts :)
    I'm guessing with your inlaws they know they messed up with the loans and it's out of shame (well hopefully they have shame) and it would be a slap in the face to spend money with you knowing how they screwewd you guys over financially.
    I'd consider the source and let it go. If they've not seen you in a year, then you're not very important to them. I would however, send them cards on their special days for your child, if for nothing else, than to be the bigger person.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I have two sets of in-laws. One is great and comes for parties and loves seeing the kids. The other we see when we make a point of it. They took me and dh out to dinner but I think that is because we did not have the kids with us. They just are that way. Christmas is bug to her and she will send a lot but birthdays are nothing. Sometimes they get valentines presents and most of the time they don't. It hurst for awhile. But not as much any more.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:13 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I would be doing something about the loans that wasnt legally done right AND I would shut them out for a long while!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:43 AM on May. 6, 2009

• no, my own mother doesn't do anything for my kids' birthdays but i never hold it against her...i just do the best i can to make their day a happy one. but i agree with pp, get a lawyer and figure out this loan mess.
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:49 AM on May. 6, 2009