Accidently left a tampon in and had sex... can it move my IUD?

Okay... you may think I'm ridiculously stupid but DH and I got caught up in the moment and I completely forgot that I had just put in a tampon. He never mentioned anything and I didn't feel it. Right afterward I remembered and after a little struggle I got it out. There was a little uncomfort but no big deal. My concern is that I have an IUD and I wonder if the tampon got shoved far enough would it cause a problem? Could it move it or make it shift out of my cervix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do NOT want to get pregnant. We already have 3 kids and a 4th would do us in financially! We're military so I cannot just "go" to the Doctors. I would neen a referral to see an Gynocologist because our base doesn't do that at the clinic. And I have no clinic provider so... I'm just wondering whether it's worth the referral... PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• how do you forget a tampon is in especially during sex..OUCH! I would get your IUD checked!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Ditto anon #1. I'm sorry that happened to you though. I cannot imaging ever forgetting.........but I hope you at least enjoyed getting caught up in the moment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Tricare covers ER visits or acute care visits. I have gone to walk in clinics things like an infected finger and they paid for it. Otherwise I would have had to wait a month to get seen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I would call the doctor that gave you the IUD. They will know whether it needs to be repositioned or whatever. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:51 AM on May. 6, 2009