Should i stop donating plasma?

My husband left me and my daughter and i cant find a job and he wont give me any money to take care of her, we live with my dad who is taking care of us but im donating plasma to pick up a bit of cash to help out because it isnt fair to my dad to take care of us completly. But i have blacked out twice after donations and once on the drive home (ran into a curb, i was ok) i need the money but i get so weak i can hardly take care of my baby but i need the money and cant get a job (i have been trying) what do i do!?!?

akashaismyworld

Asked by akashaismyworld at 2:40 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• I have a hard time donating whole blood it just makes me weak and tired. I donate plasma because they return fluids (saline) to your body and that makes me feel much better after donating. Everyone is different though if your under 115 lbs I would suggest donating plasma. Our blood bank doesn't pay us for donating so you might want to make sure they will pay you if thats the reason for your donation. Make sure to eat and drink before AND after your donation it's very important. Speak to one of the donor techs they could tell you what they suggest as far as whether they think you should donate at all if you have blacked out in the past. Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:43 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I just noticed that you were donating plasma, goodness I don't think you should donate if you are blacking out after that. Are you really light weight? That could be the issue, though they do have standards on how much you have to weigh in order to donate.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:46 AM on May. 6, 2009