Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you put up with the crazy ex?

My partners crazy ex is putting him tru hell and back. And now I'm at the point were it's driving me insane. He has a daughter with her and she's plays games when it comes to letting him see her. She keeps taking her out of the schoolsthat we find out she is attending and even has gone to the low down point of putting two assault charges on him. He is a great man and I need to help him but dont know how. What can I do?

Answer Question

Asked by mother.of2 at 2:53 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • That's a tough one.I hate evil people like that just because she cant stand your man doesn't mean she needs to punish his daugther and not let him see her.she doesnt deserve there a court order that she has custody??

    Answer by jenniek510 at 3:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • I would try and get custody of the child. Only way to get the mom out of the picture and even then, she will always be around.

    Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • Regardless of the situation, she's still the Mother of that child. Let him handle and worry about the ex. Maybe she's bitter and frustrated and not wanting to accept the fact that he's moved on. If I could do things differently, I'd ignore the ex...I allowed her to get the best of me and caused me to be an ugly person with her emails and phone calls and 3 am text messages and trying to get his whole family against's all good. Let him be the man and handle his just have to focus on being his future:) My honest opinion, stay out of it, let him fight his own battles and take care of his responsibilities. Good Luck staying calm!!! lol I know it took me a lot of hoosah-ing!!!!

    Answer by Meileensalavea at 3:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • the pp gave some great advice! good luck op!

    Answer by Janette81 at 6:16 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • You have every right to help this man as you are having to deal with this emotionaly and physically along with your partner. First, I would suggest a conversation somewhere amongst all of you. If that didnt work, I would jump to the legal step and that would be by getting a lawyer and letting them get the work done. One can only do so much without overdoing themselves. As long as your partner is MAKING EFFORT you have no worries about having the ordeal go your way in the courts! GOOD LUCK!

    Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:42 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • Nothing.. i just act like they arnt even alive till we have to deal with them.. Then its short answers, and to the point..

    Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • Keep him strong. Document everything she does...every call she makes...everything. There are some bio-moms who simply think of only themselves and not of their children. Reeking havoc on the dad for spite may be a game to them but it can really destroy a kid's childhood...a marriage. So stand strong with him. Don't expect things to get easier. Some of these bms hold on to grudges for decades. Try to remember that they are not YOUR mother. Most men cave because the bm holds their child/ren like a pawn in a game....Most times trying to ignore it only makes them play the game harder.

    You should join a step-parenting group in cm to get some support. Good luck!

    Answer by steponme at 12:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.