my step-dad's sister (never met her) is moving in with them along with her 10mo baby. she is a drug abuser and is sending the baby down a week early to "clean up" and i am to watch the baby next week. we all have a bad feeling she won't come down, she abandoned two other children. what should we do if she disapears?

SamsMom125

Asked by SamsMom125 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hi my name is Lynn. What I think to do is go right ahead and take baby in, you know in your heart this is not good for baby to be subjected to this type of life style; really would be for the best if she didnt come back. Just call children services and get the custody papers filled out! good luck !
    LSargent

Answer by LSargent at 10:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Call Child Services and work on adopting the baby?
    knitafish

Answer by knitafish at 9:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Unless you want to raise the baby yourself, the day after she is expected and dosnt show up call child services, give the child up so it has a chance of going to a family that will love and cherish it. TOO many wanting to adopt couples will NOT take an older child, they want a baby! Give it the best chance it can have at a loving stable family!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i agree with all the other posters, take that baby and love it or let someone else do it for her. she doesnt deserve that child.
    4weeman

Answer by 4weeman at 10:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree w the PP. Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2008