Gaining too much weight during my pregnancy?

im 21 weeks and have gained about 20 lbs so far. im 5 foot 5 and i weighed 140 before i got pregnant and now im up to 160... is that a lot for only being 21 weeks? (1st pregnancy, can you tell? lol)

Betula_Alba

Asked by Betula_Alba at 3:56 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What ever weight you gain during prenancy is ok dont neglect you cravings or feel quilty .If its the weight your concerned about my mom told me a little secret after birth you will be tired but a week or two after you will get an energy rush and youre body will feel lighter because its caring less weight cuz the baby is not there anymore excersise and drink lots of fluids your body will flush out all the water weight plus the extra pounds you added .You will loose weight alot quicker than ever if you work out at that point on .Its true i put it to the test with my son i did not do it but then i had my daughter and yes i looked alot better than before getting pregu with her
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 4:08 AM on May. 6, 2009

• They recommend that you gain about 2 lbs a week you sound like you're just fine so i wouldnt worry about it, you're gonna get bigger and heavier dont dwell on it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:18 AM on May. 6, 2009

• well with my first i ended up gaining 60 pounds and now im 29 weeks preg and have gained 20 pounds so i think on your first child you always gain a little more it also depends on how active you are during pregnancy
    sam0816

Answer by sam0816 at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2009