Anwsers to your questions

My daughter will be 3 months on the 9. When i first brought her home the day after my milk came in. I was to ingorged to feed her. So we gave her a bottle at almost every feeding time. Then i got a pump and it worked wonders. I was so pleased to be able to breastfeed her. But after that we haven't given her a bottle up until a week ago. I've tried different bottles different formula. But for some reason she won't take it. I don't think she has gas. I've given her gas drops and she still acts the same way. She just gets so tired but its like she doesn't want to miss a moment. Bouncing her on my knee is some form of movement she likes. But i have to face the tv. She will go in and out for a little while. But then she'll get more energy and be up crying. I've tried a bath, she'll fall asleep but 10 to 20 minutes later shes up crying again. A swing,bouncer, letting her cry or walking her a round doesn't work.

MirandaCakes

Asked by MirandaCakes at 5:26 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does this happen at the same time every day? It sounds like colic. It will pass in a few weeks. The TV is too much stimulation for a baby this tiny (not until age 2). You can try a little weak chamomile tea.
    She will be more likely to take a bottle from someone else, when you are not in the room.
    Enjoy your little one!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 AM on May. 6, 2009

• she is colicky hun and I am sorry but she will just have to grow out of it. My son was EXACTLY like this crying ALL the time and nothing soothed him except his swing and IF that most of the time. He grew out of it around six months...so hand in there and get lots of help to take turns with her. Why did you say you gave her a bottle? Is it because you think you arent feeding her enough with the breast? If so talk to her pediatrician they will let you know if you should stop or not which you probably shouldn't. Try doing both especially if she has a sensitive tummy which is what colic is...BAD tummy aches all the time. GOOD LUCK and if you want to talk to someone who went through it to you can message me!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:50 AM on May. 6, 2009

• she may also just be going through a growth spurt....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:59 AM on May. 6, 2009

• It's colic. My son had the worst colic. The "5 S's" was the only thing that worked for me. Just know that you may have to do more than one technique at a time.

http://www.babyslumber.com/happiestbaby.html

Hang in there, and if the crying gets to be too much, put the baby down in the crib and walk outside for a few minutes. You also may want to cut out any allergens in your diet- eggs, peanut, milk, etc.
    Good news is the she will outgrown it, and babies with colic are shown to grow up to be more social and intelligent children and adults than the non-colicky, "angel" babies. :)

dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:25 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I left my answer in your inbox. I don't have enough room here.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:30 AM on May. 6, 2009