mamogram

IAm 41,,i keep cancelling my mamogram because i am scared of the results..i know it is crazy, but i keep hearing horror stories,,,,,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• The real horror stories are from those who have breast cancer that spread because they didn't get it discovered early enough.

I know that sentence was shocking. And I understand the fear of the results of a test. But don't fear the test itself. Horror stories about mammograms? Tsk. So it hurts for a moment. Big deal. If you do have something suspicious, it can be checked. If you don't have something suspicious, then you can rest easy. The technician is a professional and will cause you as little pain as possible, and even if there is some, it only lasts a fraction of a minute. Get your mammogram and be sure that you are OK. :)

Answer by Bmat at 7:17 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with Bmat.  If your mammogram is routine then you probably having nothing to worry about.  If it isn't, then the earlier cancer is detected the more likely it will be that you will beat it. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:34 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I found the actual experience MUCH less painful than I had been told it was! I was literally almost shocked at how easy it was. The peace of mind you'll get when you get it over with is worth it.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:58 AM on May. 6, 2009

• The real horror is having it and not knowing while it ravages your body.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:12 AM on May. 6, 2009

• The best time to go is just after your period; you will have the least amount of discomfort. Do not put it off!!!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 1:07 PM on May. 7, 2009