How to interest baby to solid food

Dear Mothers hi,

I am running out of ideas how to keep my 9 months old baby 's interest on solid food, I use to give her piece of carrot/pear/apple,etc and then I use to give her different toys during meal time to keep her interest high and worked for while but now I am running out of idea.

I appreciat any commence/suggestion.

Tnx

NasMoj

Asked by NasMoj at 6:30 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what is a commence?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Try the same things in new forms. Whole carrot, a whole pear and whole apple. My son LOVED to knaw on a whole apple I would just peel all the skin off (a pear too) and cut off the steams and keep an eye on him. He never choked once and he was a bad choker too lol. With the pear cause it is so soft they get to the core a lot faster so watch her. Try mashed potatoes, try avocado chunks that is good for the babies. My son adores avocados! It sounds like she is bored with the variety! Mix it up for her mama lol...make silly faces on her tray with the carrots and peas and banana slices! GL...keep at it too sometimes they just get bored of eating when they are coming off a growing spurt too...give her two weeks she will be eating like a moomoo again lol
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:59 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Just remember that breast milk or formula is her main source of nutrition right now, so follow her lead with the solids. It's ok if she slows down on them.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:01 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with Krysta622, solids are not important so don't stress. Her main nutrition should be breastmilk or formula. Don't worry she'll eat solids when she's ready. Just offer without pressure. If she eats it fine, if not fine. She won't be 5 and still not on solids.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:21 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Most of her nutrients should be coming from milk, the snacks are just that snacks. But you could try to offer different foods. Maybe its just getting boring. Or they aren't her favorites anymore.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2009