Help for girls that had there tubes tied.....

I am not TTC yet, but I want another baby the thing is I had problems with baby 2 I had to have 2 blood patches because I was leaking spinal fluid so I mad up my mind when I have baby number 3 that I am not getting anything stuck in my back. The thing is everyone is telling me that you have to get a spinal or whatever and I donot want anything else stuck in my back, but I don't want nomore kids after 3 and don't want to worry about accidently getting pregnant is there any other way I can get fixed? Hubby will not get fixed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• First, you don't have to get a spinal or epidural for labor or tubal, it's an elective procedure. That being said, your surgeon may choose not to do your tubal right after delivery without a spinal or epidural as having general anesthesia while pregnant or immediately postpartum is not as safe as a spinal or epidural. You can always wait until several weeks postpartum and then have general anesthesia for the tubal (that's what they usually use after you have already been pregnant and have recovered). YOu can have general anesthesia during a c/s as one person said; however, that WILL put the baby to sleep also and baby will have to be resuscitated after delivery, it will not come out crying, it will be paralyzed and not breathing on its own just like mom. That's why the OB and pediatricians prefer spinal or epidural for c/s. However, as the other mom said before, if you refuse either of those choices and must have a c/s, you ca
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 11:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• When I had my tubes tied they gave me something through my iv to put me to sleep...not sure what everyone else has had!
    Damions_mom

Answer by Damions_mom at 8:14 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I had mine done during my last delivery, which was a Csection. I was under general anesthesia.

You NEVER HAVE TO get a spinal or epidural -- unless you have a history of adverse reactions to general anesthesia.

I CHOSE general anesthesia for all 3 of my Csections. They told me the same thing... that I "had" to --- but I knew otherwise & stood my ground.

So, just tell them you''ve had adverse reactions to spinal/epidurals & you choose to go under general anesthesia for your tubal.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:40 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I started to do it but I got scared. I was already having hormonal problems and I just felt I would make it worse, so I sat down and explained my thoughts to my husband. We knew that after 4 kids we just simply could not have another biological child. My body was tired and we were financially exhausted. So he agreed to look into a vasectomy. Most men get really nervous when it comes to their manhood, per se, but he knew it was for my benefit. It went SO well. Forty five min procedure and rested for a whole weekend. Best thing we ever did. Keep working on hubby because its much more of an ordeal for you. If you have to end up doing it...then I wish you the best.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:37 PM on May. 6, 2009