My baby is 7 months old and she doesn't like take naps. Now she sleep from 9-10 hours at night and she only take 1-1.5 hours naps during the day. We know she is not getting enough sleep and she shows that too. How can we get her to sleep more? I'm so worried, any one can help me?

milliemyloveie

Asked by milliemyloveie at 7:59 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is getting to an age that things will be changing. Try giving her a warm bath with Johnson's Baby Lavender, it is very relaxing and it smells wonderful. It's also time to start creating a routine. Take her to her bed, read her a story, play for a few minutes, and let her go to sleep. During the day, try to get her to take a nap mid morning, after a few hours of play. Kids get on a schedule, some set their own, some let you set it for them, the best thing for your daughter is to follow her lead right now, she's just doing what comes natural, things will straighten out. Good luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:11 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My son is also 7 months old...and has sleeping issues...mostly at night...he takes 2-three naps per day....depending on their length...but he wakes up several times a night and I not getting much sleep at all....
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 8:22 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Well, my son was also not a napper and if she's getting 1-1/2 hours of naps I would have been very happy - we were lucky if he would take 2 - 20 minute naps at that age - he is a very active little boy- he's only 18 months old ( almost ) and will now take an 1-1/2 nap once a day - stopped taking 2 naps at age 12 months - and we figured out that he wont' sleep anywhere but home and now recently his daycare center. most doctors don't consider sleep issues unless they aren't even getting 8 hours.. my son had been border line since birth - but he gets better
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:43 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Try to wear her out. If she can walk, or wobble encourage that, or play baby soccer with her. With my daughter I had to do school with her, after a walk, or a trip to the park before she would go down.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:53 AM on May. 6, 2009

• If you are breastfeeding it may be something you ate that is keeping her awake. Like sodas, coffee, sweet tea, ice cream....I had that problem with my son. Also with my baby I have to make sure that he is bundled, rocked in a very quiet place, and I have a box fan that blows loudly to drown out other noises. He is afraid of missing things so he doesn't want to go to sleep. He is 8 months and it helps to have the fan to drown on the noise. Hope this helps.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:18 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Wow, I think it sounds like she's getting plenty of sleep! 9-10 hours at night is fine, and then more than one nap during the day, this sounds really good. Why do you think she's not sleeping enough?
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 11:06 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Thank you all for your advance and helps. and for jen1350--- because she take maybe 2 naps a day and each for 20-30 mins. only, when she wakes up you can tell that she still tired but she just can't go back to sleep. She doesn't know how to fall asleep on her own, we have to hold her and rock her or take her out for a ride. We recently trained her to sleep o her own during the night, and now she can sleep for 9 or 10 hours through the night, which is pretty good, but the naps just bigger issue here. She gets over tired in the day so I am worried.
    milliemyloveie

Answer by milliemyloveie at 10:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Sounds like you have a high needs child like mine. She will only nap in our arms or if I lie next to her breastfeeding. I am impressed that you got her to sleep on her own at night. I just got finished taking two and a half hours trying to get her down for the night. She kept waking up right away. My baby can't fall asleep on her own either. Go to askdrsears.com. He has a section on high needs children and sleep.
    Minasmom1

Answer by Minasmom1 at 9:26 PM on May. 9, 2009