testing too early?

I have not gotten my period this month (as some of you know, dh and I have been TTC for months now). I am five days late and I couldn't resist the lure of the pee stick..so I am wondering: Did I test too early? With my dd I tested and I got 2 negative hpt's before i got that famous +.....Help me out, please.

mommystar717

Asked by mommystar717 at 8:35 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it may be a false negative. if you think you are pregnant go to your doctor and have them do a blood test. sometimes is can take a long time for the pregnancy hormone to show through your urine. good luck!!!
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 8:38 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I just took a test 2 minutes ago.. neegative. I'm also five days late. I'm hoping the same thing you are.. That it was wrong!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 6, 2009

• But I also used a dollar store test.. so I don't know if that is why or not..
    Anonymous

• If you are late and your HPT is negative I would call your doctor and get a blood test done. They are more accurate and you will know for sure.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:42 AM on May. 6, 2009

• i waited 3 months.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 4:24 PM on May. 6, 2009