So one of my closests friends doesnt like ANY of the names i picked out for the baby.. boy or girl.. should i take her opinion into consideration or just pick waht i want?

It may be beacuse i like less traditonal and more common names, and her kids are common names, but I feel like i wanna please everyone but dont wanna be stuck with a name i dont like!

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:59 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honey will she be adopting your child after you have it? no , then what are you worried about it is your child name him or her what you want. GL
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:01 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Name her what you want. I didn't even take my mom's advice.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:04 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You need to remember that the name you give your child will be hung on him/her for the rest of their lives. Also, keep in mind personalized items, such as school supplies, that your child will want one day. It is your decision and privilege to name your child, just be SURE you really LOVE it before you put it on the birth certificate.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Name your child whatever you would like.
    theremom4

Answer by theremom4 at 9:06 AM on May. 6, 2009

• For the pp that was talking about personalized items. If you ever got those type of items all you would have to do is special order it if they are not sold in the store. I have done this plenty of times with my oldest. I would not worry what your friends think. If you truly love the names you have picked out & when you baby is born that name fits then go with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on May. 6, 2009

• It's your kid. Name it what you want.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:13 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My mom always told me, just don't tell anyone the name until it's born- there will always be people who don't like a name- no matter what name you pick... you could pick Matthew and someone would say "oh I know a BUNCH of Matthews" or you pick something more original and someone could not like it...just don't tell them... you will spare yourself a bunch of unwanted opinions if the name is already official- what can they do then?

I do suggest bouncing names off of at least one person.. I really liked the name Aura Lee...until my mom pronounced it out loud for me...lol...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• you are not going to be able to please everyone...pick the name YOU like.
    LeilaR1

Answer by LeilaR1 at 9:34 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. I want to name my son Connor Robert (the Robert is after my gpa) and my inlaws don't like the name Robert and want me to pick a middle name from THEIR family instead of mine. Well needless to say I could give a rat's ass about how they feel about the name and since it is MY baby I will name him whatever I want. You should do the same. You are NEVER going to please anyone with a name. There is always going to be someone that doesn't like it. As long as you like it that's all that matters. She had her own kids that she could name whatever she wanted, now its your turn.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:35 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Go with what you like. There will always be someone who doesn't like your decision...but it is your decision to make, it will be your baby not theirs.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:37 AM on May. 6, 2009