HOw did you come up with your kid(s) names?

My son is jr after his daddy.. this baby will have family names incorperated into thier names.. how did you come up with your kids names? did you jsut pick something you liked or did it have a meaning?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:00 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Both of my kids were named after songs.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 9:07 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Dudes came from a movie and JBz came from my grandpaz.. If we had a girl they would have came from the gramaz...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:12 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Joseph (Joey) and Daniel (Danny) came from the book "Over 30,000 names."
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:17 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Brandon James

I loved Brandon and James is my FIL's middle name.

Ryan Keith

Ryan is named after the character Ryan, from "The OC". I loved that show. Keith is my Father's middle name.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:17 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Great Britain- "Britain"
    Palmer Cortland from All My Children- " Cortlin"
    From Julius Caesar-" Marcanthony""
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:22 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My son is Matthew Edward after his dad. My oldest daughter is Madilyn Elizabeth...Madilyn because I liked it and Elizabeth after my grandma. My youngest is Mikayla Rose, Mikayla has my moms name in the middle and Rose is a family name.
    I always try to establish some form of family connection in the middle name, and the first names are just names that we liked, besides my son who is the JR.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:35 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Kevin Patrick.
    Kevin because I just liked that name and Patrick because he was born on St. Patrick's Day.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:53 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Aubree Diane Marie
    For her fist name I just made a list of names I liked and at that point hadn't heard much then let dh pick a name off the list he liked and he picked Aubree
    Diane is from my mom
    Marie- Is my middle name, my moms middle name, my grandmas middle name and my cousins middle name.

I wanted to have her middle name something special so I named her after women I love plus myself
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Well, for my oldest and youngest, they were names I liked. I have always wanted to name my kids Logon and Lily, so I did. My middle son was named by hubby, so his middle name is his family's middle name.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:28 AM on May. 6, 2009

• We picked our names based on how it sounded with our last name. Then we tried to figure out all the different ways the name could be said (i.e. Christopher = Chris, Benjamin = Ben) and looked at how those sounded. Our last name is hard to pair names with, so it was a bit of a struggle, especially for the girl name.

After we made a list we liked, then we looked at the meaning.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:38 AM on May. 6, 2009