My sister in-law

My sister in-law(when I say sister in-law I mean that her husband and my husband are brothers) and I don't get along. We haven't from day one. I feel though that I put alot of effort in trying to make things better between us but she continues to blow me off and make me look like an ass, then at family functions she tells the family that I am rude to her and so again I look like an ass. I guess my question is this, do any of you ladies have this same problem and if you do how do deal with it? I'm done trying to make things right with her but I still have to deal with her and I don't want to be uncomfortable around my family. It also causes problem between DH and I and also him and his brother. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I hardly ever see my BIL's wife, so we are good there. Thankfully, my brother's soon to be Ex is gone. She had threatened every member of my family, even my dog.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:22 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I have a sister in law who is exactly the same. Her mother and her decided that they did not like me shortly before I married my husband. After many tense situations, my husband finally realized that it is not me that is causing the problem, it is them. It has put us in an awkward situation with his parents and sisters, but we have come to the realization that there is nothing that we can do about it. His mom simply doesn't like me because I took her baby away...her 30 year old son. She can not see that I did not take him away, she pushed him away with her attitude towards me.
    As for the extended family, they all realize that she is the problem and not me. I have made every effort to attend activities with and with out my husband and they have seen this and know that him mom/sister are the problem.
    I would suggest talking it over with your DH and coming to an understanding, the rest will fall in to place.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:24 AM on May. 6, 2009