the doctor didn't really know what it was

I took daughter to doctor yesterday for a rash on her forehead and cheeks. The doctor was pretty much stumped. She said it didn't look like heat rash, excema, allergic reaction, or any of the virus rashes. She said all she knows to say right now is that maybe it is something ii cleaned the carpet with or cleaned with that she is sensitive too. So she gave us a cream to use for a week. So i am going to thoroughly shampoo my carpets, and rewash everything that i have washed latley. The reason i cam going to rewash is because the last box of washing powder i bought was the gain lavender and thought maybe it was that,even thought the rest of her body isn't afected. Anyways what should i use to shampoo my carpet to clean it good and may not irritate her skin if that is what it is? Already thins morning the rash isn't as red. Isn't it wierd that the doctor was stumped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not really, rashes are hard to diagnose. If she isn't better in a few days go back and have then do a strep test. My kids always presented for strep with a rash first.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:32 AM on May. 6, 2009

• The doctor could have been right with something you used may have irritated her skin. My son breaks out anytime I use something with lavendar in it. As far as what to use for cleaning carpets I have no idea, maybe talk to your daughters pediatrician and find out whats safe then let us know :)
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:32 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I would try to do your laundry and carpets in Perfume-free, dye-free shampoo and detergent and see if that helps. That is what I have to use for my baby and me. Or we get rashes and irriations. Hope this helps.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:13 AM on May. 6, 2009