Pack & Plays

Ok so we are going out of town this weekend and our 15month old has to sleep in his pack & play, last time we tried this he did not sleep at all, he is very attached to his own crib. SO my question is, is there any way to make a pack and play more comfortable?

soleia

Asked by soleia at 9:33 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im not sure my lil boy had always slept in his playpen !! i dont trust cribs! maybe try lettn his sleep with 1 of his fav toys and also take his fav blanket or pillow if he has 1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I am probably going to be facing the same issue in a couple of months when we go on vacation. I would just make sure he has all his normal bedtime stuff with him. The same pillow, blanket, stuffed animals, books etc. And cross your fingers.

Wistful

Answer by Wistful at 9:41 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with Wistful ... put some comfort items in there. Maybe you could place some thicker blankets, or towels, under the bottom of the playpen mattress to make it a bit thicker and more comfy? Just a thought ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:11 AM on May. 6, 2009

• bring fav. blankets for your child that they sleep with (he/she)..and a fav toy along. other than that.. your the mom..we dont know your child... do what u think is best. good luck hun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Use the crib sheet (just be sure to tuck it into the sides well) and any blankets/toys/pillows he's used to. Not much you can do. It's obiously different, smells and feels different, and a whole new enviornment. He's just goin gto have to get used to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 6, 2009

• When we went away last summer, we brought our PNP and stayed consistent with her regular bedtime routine. But it didn't work. She knew that we were in the same room so she started playing peek a boo by popping up. DH is a child so he giggled at her, making it more fun for her. We were so tired that we just had her sleep with us and it worked out better for us. We are not a co-sleeping family so I think she really liked to sleep with us. I hope you have better luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I put a familiar blanket in there... well we pad the bottom with a thick quilt that's folded up to fit in there like a mattress and then put a familiar blanket or toy in there.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:08 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with Rylee. Folded quilts are great for making the bottom more soft. That with familiar blankie and/or stuffed animal.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 11:51 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You may find it's more of a familiarity issue than a comfort issue. Try letting him see it, nap in it, etc before you go. Might help. We always found that we pretty much had to rock our son to sleep to get him to sleep in the pack-n-play..
    Anonymous