Is your husband lazy?!

My husband is lazy, and I just want to know if anyone elses husband is this way.. We're moving on the 29th.. I have until next wednesday to have everything packed, except for clothes and our bed.. (because after that, i go back to working 10 and 12 hour days instead of 8) So last night I start packing up photo albums, games, pictures.. That sort of thing.. Well I had worked 9 hours .. And myhusband had worked 7 that day.. Well I'm in the floor picking things up and he's basically sitting on the bed holding the trash bag open.. Next thing I hear is.. I need a break.. I'm tired. And he literally had help the bag open for about 4 minutes and had put some boxes in my big box I had! And everytime we do anything, like clean carpets or clean the house really good. He'll work for 10 minutes and take a break.. Anyone else married to someone like that? I'm the total opposite. I work until I can't breathe so I'm done faster!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say my husband is lazy...but unmotivated? Yes definitely. We have our first due August 9th and I am currently not working full-time, nor is he. He refuses to leave his minimum wage job making $6.55 for a better one because "he loves working there so much." I have tried to explain to him a million times that we cannot support a child on what he is making and that the bills aren't going to get paid but he just doesn't understand. It also took him over a month to get his resume done because he spent most of his time golfing or playing video games. So lazy no. Unmotivated and stupid? Sure.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:00 AM on May. 6, 2009

• No, he's not. He will work until it's done. He works 12-16 hour days 5-7 days a week and still comes home and helps me out as much as he can. He's also in shape too, so he doesn't get winded or "tired" easily.

We're moving too, but we have people who come and pack up what we're not taking with us and move it for us. I thankful for that because the last time, I moved by myself, and it sucked. (he wasn't home to help)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My husband is really lazy too! We were moving and I kept telling him we had to be competely out of the house by friday night, and gave him a list of stuff to do while I was at work. When I came home that night he hadn't done anything(he had 4 hours)! So we ended up staying up until 2am moving and packing that night. if I don't cook dinner and there's nothing easy to fix, then he won't eat anything. He's a little spolied by his mommy. So It's going to be fun once we have the baby!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

• OP here.. and your right iedwards2009.. He was spoiled by his mom..Lived with her til he was 25, then got someone pregnant and moved in with her and her momma.. and now lives with me, so i'm trying to train him into being a "man".. It's exhausting!! haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My husband isn't lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Nope my fiance is not lazy...
    nor would I tolerate it.
    Family is about teamwork, if you want to win you all have to play.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• LOL girl! My husband is not lazy he just doesn't understand commands!!! I have to ask him to do things 3 or 4 times and he always tells me "i was going to do it, just in my own time"! well one thing he needs to understand about some of us women is that when we ask for help we need it done NOW not at your own time! what can you do...gotta love our husbands lazy or not lazy!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My Husband is lazy. I think he has a "good ol' boy" mentality as well.. In other words He goes to work I stay home therefore I am responsible for EVERYTHING at home. However if I bring this up he gets pissed and then hurts my feelings by saying I do nothing.. hah!
    Anonymous