Is it a big deal not to go to the doctor or take prenatal vitamins until you are 13 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess not..I didn't until I was almost 20 weeks...cause I didn't know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You can buy prenatals over the counter so you don't have to wait til you go to the doctor to start them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:06 AM on May. 6, 2009

• No, it is not a big deal. With my 1st my doctor didn't schedule my appt. until 13 weeks. I cannot take the prenatal vitamins because they make me so sick so I take 2 flinstone vitamins when I remember. They still make me sick but not as much but I am horrible at remembering to take pills. All my babies turned out great. My sil also did not take prenatals and all 4 of her kids are wonderful. It helps if you eat food high in folic acid, orange juice, greens and such.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 6, 2009

• think wayyy back in the day.. there were no doctors.. everything was fine then...as it should be now..i think its all about money these days. i did not seek any doctor appts. at all with any of my kids.. and i had a home birth with my family present.. baby FINE!.. all of my kids i did this and they are perfectly healthy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I never took prenatals. I ate really healthy though.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:50 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Many women don't even find out they are pregnant until about that time so it should be ok

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You should be taking your prenatals. A lot of the neurological development happens in the first trimester, and you don't want to take any risks. Plus, the vitamins will help make sure your stores are up for later in your pregnancy. Ultimately, you'll probably be fine, but you "should" be taking them. Many doctors don't make appointments until close to the second trimester, anyway, so don't fret about that.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:42 PM on May. 6, 2009