Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military new Post 9/11 GI bill/ we need that housing allowance!

My husband is a veteran and just enrolled in college (online courses). Well, he actually started Monday. Well, we just got a letter explaining this GI bill and he would have to enroll in an institution (not exclusively online) in or after August 2009, full time and we would receive a housing allowance (which we desperately need). Since its his first week inclasses, should we just say oh well or should he withdraw immediately (so as to not have to owe the school much) and wait until August so he can receive those benefits? What would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • I would wait until August. Talk to the school and find out what happens for withdrawing/dropping out. Good luck!!

    Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:11 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • I say take the courses he's in now and then continue in August. Unless the courses he's enrolled in now are taking money away from bills that need to be paid, then I'd say say just wait til August.

    Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:12 AM on May. 6, 2009

  • If you've already paid for the courses now, just have him finish this set, then in august enroll him at an actual college

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:38 AM on May. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.