He gives me butterflies, why?

I recently starting talking to my ex online. We are getting to know more about what has been going on with each other. We are both in relationships, but we have been talking. It is fairly new and I get such a feeling of euphoria when I read his messages and I feel the butterflies you feel with something new and exciting. I have not had the butterflies in a long time, is it just the thrill of something new, something maybe a bit forbidden since we are both in relationships? Or do I have feelings for him that I never realized I had for him that are resurfacing? Keep in mind we have been completely platonic and not dabbled in anything beyond that, but some of his comments make me feeling like I am appreciated and cared for, even after all these years!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• The answers to your questions are yes, yes, yes yes . lol Something new is always fun espeacially when we know what were doing is "wrong". A real simple test is to think about the man your with now. How would you fell if he was doing what you are? If the answer is nothing then move on. Maybe to the ex. But if there is even a twinge there take a step back and look ant the whole picture. Also keep in mind that this guy is an ex for a reason. Good luck

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:27 AM on May. 6, 2009

• butterflies dont make it a good thing. Use your head to make decisions not your stomach

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I have a friend like that. He is married and I am too. We have been good friends for a few years now. He gives me the butterflies even though our relationship is totally platonic. Called me the other day to let me know he was on his way home from Iraq. I could tell he was getting the butterflies too. It's just a mutual appreciation for each other. Makes you feel good that you feel appreciated. I don't think it is because of something forbidden?At least I hope not. That is how some people get a thrill but that is from cheating (or wanting to at least.) Would your man not approve of you speaking to your ex? Think about that.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• First of, why is he an ex...explore that first. Second, you are both in a relationship, I say if the feelings are mutual and you think something might go further, make sure you and him are both willing to terminate the current relationships first, that way you are both free to explore your feelings. It might be a little bit of the excitement of knowing that it is kinda forbiden but not impossible if you do it the right way. Hopefully what you feel is real and it will have a happy ending!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:56 PM on May. 6, 2009