DID YA EVER EXPERIENCE A CHILD DYING ON YOUR ARMS?

MY DAUGHTER DIED ON MY ARMS ON MONDAY, APRIL 20, 2009 OF KIDNEY FAILURE. SHE WAS BORN ON SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2009.

DevilishDya

Asked by DevilishDya at 10:45 AM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow, I am so sorry for you loss. I have not experienced this, I am sorry that you had to.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:47 AM on May. 6, 2009

• That's awful, I am sorry.

But I suggest you seek guidence through a proper councellor rather than through a website.
    good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes, my son died in my arms. It was and still is the most painful moment in my life. It has been over 6 years and I can still feel him in my arms. The first and last time I held my baby was when he was taking his last breath.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 10:53 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes. My second child was born 1/29/99 and died on 4/11/99. She had stopped breathing in her crib. My husband found her and we called 911. They took her to the children's hospital where they gave her steroids and put her on life support. They did a ct and found that her brain was dead. 3 days latter they turned off life support and I held her in my arms and sang to her until the drs told me she was gone. It was the hardest thing i have ever done.Pure hell. I went in and had 3 more children but the pain stays.It will get easier though. You never forget and I still shed tears from time to time but you will get through it. Did the nurses do hand prints and a lock of hair for you? im here if you need to talk to someone that has been there.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:56 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I read your post and it said that you were on birth control 3 years ago and you've been trying to have a baby for 3 years now and you still can't. You have 2 boys now. How can ask a question about trying to have a baby for 3 years and you just had one. mmmmmmmmm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

• lostshel.. you just made me cry.
    OP sorry for your losss :(
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:02 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Anon #2 what are you accusing of her of? Lying about losing a child?
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:15 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Anon 11:02- You may notice that her TTC post was from 2007. To call her a liar when she is obviously in pain is very cold hearted and mean.

OP- i am so sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm sorry you lost your baby. May God be with you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:41 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Not my child, but yes. I am sorry for your loss.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:46 AM on May. 6, 2009