another question regaurding my fur baby...

so I asked last night what I could do for his diaerreha, and he has'nt pooped since. i figured its prob. just all out of his system so not to awful worried about it. now tho he hasnt pee'd since about 4:00 AM! i havent seen him drink anything-maybe he just doesnt have to go?????? i wanna make sure he gets hydrated enough. any ideas or suggestions??? our vets office is'nt open today. they are only open tues & thursdays.

NewTakeOnLife09

Asked by NewTakeOnLife09 at 10:52 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Call another vet, one that is open!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 6, 2009

• i would find another vet's office with more convenient hours- what if your dog's life was in serious jeopardy? anyway, do you have a syringe at home? or one of those droppers for baby/children's medicine? you can try to get water into his mouth with that. sometimes after a pet has diarrhea, they do kind of get their system cleaned out and don't have to go for a while, but he does need to get a little water to rehydrate himself. i wouldn't push food since his tummy might still be upset though.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• thanks ladies! the one in the nearest town over has the same wacky hours. come to think of it tho- i think it's the same vet (and she just works opposite days at each place). i will def. try to get some water in his mouth. I never thought about doing that with a syringe.
    NewTakeOnLife09

Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 12:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Whenever I notice that my dog isn't taking in enough water, I mix a tablespoon of plain non-fat yogurt into her water and she slurps it up like she's never had water before. I do about a tablespoon per cup of water.

Also good home remedy for diarrhea is 100% pure canned pumpkin.
    AngelaSue1979

Answer by AngelaSue1979 at 10:05 AM on May. 7, 2009