I want to start potty training..

Iv already posted questions about this but havent found exactly te answer im looking for. My baby is 18 months today exactly and she sometimes tells me when she needs to poop i would like to start her poty trainging i have her little toilet and everything but how do i start? do i just take her diaper off and sit her on the toilet repeatedly or how? Im thinking of doing it this weekened for a while because thats when im home the whole day.

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 10:56 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My advice is not to start unless you're 120% comitted. If you start and then blow it off, they'll take longer to learn when you actually do it. Switch to panties. Spend every waking second with them so you learn their body cues for a few days and then you can help them realize when they have to go. My son was potty trained in 4 days.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:10 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I recommend looking up 3 day potty training. Alot of CM moms have had great sucess with it.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 11:48 AM on May. 6, 2009

• DO NOT start unless you are ready to be on the ball all the time. 18 months is young, but definitely not unheard of. I would let her go diaperless, now that summer is coming and keep repeatedly taking her to the bathroom every hour.
    Anonymous